Sunday, July 19, 2009

Camping?

I thought I really liked camping up in the mountains and the smell and the feel of being in the middle of the woods. I have to admit that I really like sleeping in a bed, having indoor bathrooms, and cooking on a stove that doesn't make you smell like smoke though. Jennilynn's parents have a cabin up at Cascade that they have graciously let us use for the past three years. I still love the mountains but the cabin gives you the best of both worlds.

The best thing about being there is being with our family. I LOVE watching the grown-up ones as much as the little ones play and have fun together. There's a zip line and even Roger had a go at it. If you get a chance to look at Scott's and Jennilynn's blog, they posted some pictures taken at the lake. We rented a boat and it was soooo much fun. There was also air soft guns. They climbed all over the mountain shooting each other and playing war games. No major casualties this year.

So many times I caught myself thinking about Lynne and Craig's family and wishing they were there. I miss them more then ever when we are all together and they aren't part of what we are doing. I just feel very fortunate to have both of them living in Utah. They could be in Illinoise or Maine! I am just glad I can see them as often as we do.


Stephanie going down the zip line. I didn't get any of Roger.

Cleggs have this very tall swing. It swings over the side of the hill. It is very fun to swing on! Stephanie and Grant and Addie are taking their turns.

Stephanie . . . ready to zip

Steve, Denise, Stephanie, Jeff, Jennilynn, Brian, and Roger . . . getting ready for the war.



Brian, Katherine, and Roger



Brian, Jeff, Roger, and Scott



Grant, Addie, Mary, Joelle, and Emma . . . eating breakfast.








3 comments:

Penradicals said...

How fun for you all to get together. I have to laugh at all of you in your camo gear getting ready for war!!! :) It is so good to see a family that plays together! What a great family you are!

Camille said...

Wow! What a fun vacation!! I can't believe all of your adorable grandkids! How fun!

Lynne said...

Yes, I have to admit that I get the most homesick when I see pictures like those. Most the time I'm fine but every once in a while it hits hard that my family doesn't get to be a part of it. Maybe someday!