Thursday, December 3, 2009

Thanksgiving!

Everyone was here but Craig and Diana and we sure missed them! Every family has their traditions and we have ours. First of all we don't eat at the traditional 12:00 to 2:00 Thanksgiving time. All the married kids' inlaws eat early so we have always eaten at our regular dinner time at 5:30.

Some of kids go and play a game of football while the turkey and potatoes are getting cooked and of course they have to wear a jersey.

I think the tradition in our family is to see if I can come up with a new tradition every year! Not really but I did think of another one this year that will be fun. Every year I have given the kids a Christmas ornament. It started with my mother giving one to all of her grandchildren when they were young. This year I wrapped them up and put them on their plates at Thanksgiving. It was fun to see each of the grandkids come in and wonder what the surprise was. Joelle got to our house first and it almost killed her to wait until all her cousins were there so they could open them all together.

I also set a card on the grownups' plates for their Christmas list that I asked them to do before they left the table. Then I emailed the list to everyone so it gave them some ideas for Christmas.
Those will be two things I'll continue to do from now on. I love my family and feel so blessed. Not just at Thanksgiving when we are suppose to be thankful but I am so very grateful for our family all year long.


Not only do they play football but they do the broad jump and run around a lot! I think this is David.
Brian punting the ball.

I love Jeff's jersey. I think he's a BSU fan.

Joelle wanted to go with thme to play football this year too!




Joelle and Emma opening up their ornaments.



We were so happy that Lucas and Lynne, Bryan, and Ty could come up this year. They usually do but I'm always happy to see them!





Addie and Mary. And Grant is off to the side.







No comments: