Friday, November 26, 2010

Thanksgiving

This is such a terrible year to travel and I was afraid that Craig and his family and Lynne and her family wouldn't be able to make it this year.  The storm came in right before Thanksgiving.  The roads weren't all that great which made their drive even longer then usual.  On top of that, Lynne and Bryan was in an accident in their new car before they got out of Salt Lake.  : (   It was just a fender bender but it still wasn't a fun experience when you are on your way out of town. 

Craig and Diana got here early enough so we could celebrate Cooper's birthday!  It was so fun singing to him and seeing him dive into his brownie.



Even though Lucas's birthday was on the 15th, we got to celebrate with him too.  It was so fun to see both the boys soooo happy.

I've always given the grandkids an ornament each year like my mother did for all of her grandchildren.  Last year I started giving it to them before Thanksgiving dinner.  They had so much fun opening their ornaments and discovering what they would be.  A couple of weeks ago, Joelle mentioned to her mother that she wished her ornament would be a ballerina and surprise, surprise . . . that is exactly what I had gotten the girls!


Thanksgiving has become one of my favorite holidays.  I am so grateful for family, the gospel, and this great land I have to live in.  What amazing blessings I have! 

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Thanksgiving was so much fun! Thanks Mom!