Monday, March 12, 2012

Relief Society

January 29th I was put in at the Relief Society President.  Last night I wrote Doris and this is what I wrote:

Didn't you think that when our children grew up we would have more time? It is just the opposite. I can't believe how busy my life is now that I am a Relief Society President. I'm just crazy busy! I hope it will be a little better this summer but I'm not so sure. There is so much I have to get caught up on. My office is so messy right now it is just embarrassing. When I was put in they had just divided the ward. We lost 75% of our ward members and then we got 75% from another ward. The only one left in a RS position was one Sunday teacher. It was like starting from scratch which can be nice but it has just taken time to get things going. I also found out that the budget was depleted before I was put in. We get $200 a quarter and the last presidency spent $185 of it. I think they decided to turn in all their reciepts late and it came out of this years budget. The problem is that we have the RS birthday dinner which has now turned into a RS birthday party. Some of the old timers are upset because tradition has always said we have a dinner. There was also about two pages of women that no one knows anything about. They don't have VTs and we don't even have phone numbers for most of them. We are trying to do visits and asking everyone amoung the members we got from the other ward about them. I even called the other RS pres and she didn't know about them either. I feel like a detective. :) We are making progress though. I have a really good presidency. Anyone of them would make a better president then me.

I always knew that with callings comes a mantle or stewardship over that calling.  I didn't know how powerful it was though.  I've served in Primary for the majority of my service since Roger and I have been married.  I served in YW for a while too though.  Anyway, I loved the children and girls I was with.  I thought it was a natural thing.  I realized now that it is more than that.  Because now that I am in RS and I really do love all the women of the ward.  It is a wonderful feeling to have so much love for so many women.  I just hope and pray that I can do a good job.  My memory is not very good and I struggle with all the things I am suppose to remember.  I just got a really good planning calendar and I think it is helpping. 

4 comments:

Camille Rogers said...

Oh don't tell me that... is there never hope for "more time?"

I have no doubt that you are and will continue to be an amazing R.S. President!!

Penradicals said...

I would love to be in your Relief Society!

Jennilynn and Jeff said...

Jeff and I were talking about this. Every calling you have had, we have seen you dedicate so much to that calling! You are a great example of one who magnifies the calling they recieve, no matter what it is.

Stephanie said...

I agree with Jennilynn! You are amazing!