Saturday, January 31, 2009

These are pictures of Ty's helmet that he'll be
wearing for the next three months. His head
is a little misshapened and this helmet will
help it grow normally. The doctor told them
that sense all parents have been putting their
babies on their backs to sleep, it has a tendency
to effect they way the babies heads are being
shaped. The infant mortality rate has dropped
enormously but now there are more cases of mis-
shaped heads. Luckily there is a way to fix it.




Cooper was put in the hospital on Thursday. Him and
Craig are going to have twin scars! Cooper had pyloryx
stenosis just like Craig did. The muscle at the bottom
of the stomach is called the pyloryx. It sometimes closes
off and doesn't allow any food or liquid to leave the stomach.
The only way it can be fixed is through surgery. Luckily as
surgeries go, it is a simple fix. It can still be stressful to
Mom and Dad and isn't all that pleasant for Cooper either!
He is doing great and was able to come home from the
hosptial today. (1-31-09)


My mother also had surgery on her arm. She will know
in a couple of days if it was malignant or not but hopefully
it wasn't. Cathy said the doctor told her that it was the
size of a kiwi. She is also going to go back into surgery
sometime in February to have her sholder worked on.
She hurt it in one of the car wrecks she was in many years
ago and now she doesn't have much use in it. She can't even
crochet. I don't have a picture of Mom's injury. I tried but it
all wrapped up
The last time I drove down by myself I got stuck in traffic for
two hours. This time there was a five car wreck and they
closed the freeway! I left the freeway and it took me an extra
half hour to get home. At least it wasn't as bad as last time! I
don't think I'll drive down alone again . . . . oh, I probably will.

No comments: