Tuesday, August 10, 2010

AWeekend to Remember!

This last weekend was an eventful one.  It was the weekend of the GFL Draft (The Garner Football League fantasy football).  It has evolved into one of the best weekends of the year . . . most of the time.  It started with a trip to the Clegg Cabin.  Thanks to Jennilynn's parents letting us use their cabin. : ) The kids had fun roasting hot dogs, making smores, going to the lake, and of course sleeping together in the loft.  Thursday I came down with a headache that would not stop and Friday I had to go to the hospital.  It left a lot on Stephanie's shoulders but she, being her normal selfless self took everything on and played my part.  Everyone pitched in and covered for me but I think most of it fell on her. 

They found a cyst in my brain, (at least there is something there!)  Lynne was diagnosed with the same thing when she was having all her headaches 8 years ago.  Even though it can have severe ramifications these cysts usually don't and we are all reassured that I'll be okay now.


Anyway . . . . In spite of the mishap things ran smooth and everyone had fun! 


The second thing we found out was that Colton had a mishap too.  He was up hiking Mt. Borah with the Scouts and fell 200 ft!!!  I know!! Sounds pretty bad! But then again Heavenly Father's loving hand just reached out and protected him making what could have been a devastating accident into a couple of worried parents and some bumps and bruises. 
I love family!
I love reunions!
I love our Heavenly Father who is always there and who gives us all we love!


2 comments:

Jennilynn and Jeff said...

I think one of the pool pictures didn't come from our pool :)

Roger and Deborah Garner said...

I just realized that it was one taken at Aunt Joan's. Lynne and Bryan were there for the 24th of July.