Friday, August 28, 2009

John Marshall Cray January 8, 1928 - August 17, 2009


I wanted to post some pictures taken during Dad's funeral. I know my mother is already missing him but we are all happy that he isn't hurting so much all the time now. It was hard walking into his house that first time and not see him sitting in his green recliner.

Dad was as tough as they come. There were times I didn't like him very much but there were also times when he was the best friend in the world. He said what he meant and he meant what he said. He was able to quit drinking and smoking and even became worthy to go to the temple in the last 10 years. I loved him for his tenasity, his stick to it attitude, and his love of family. He did love his family.

I owe so much to his example of hard work and his attitude that you can do anything you set your mind to do if you want it bad enough. He valued education but was living proof that you shouldn't make excuses if you've had a hard life. I know he passed on a lot of his charactoristics to his children. I have never known anyone that could build or fix anything like he could.

All of Mom's brothers and sisters came from far away to be there. All of his children were there and so were a lot of his neices and nephews. I felt so loved among all the family that came. It was truely amazing.



John, Danial, and Uncle Bob

I had to throw a picture of Roger in there.



Mom and Stephanie. Mom looked pretty in her blue dress.


All of us kids and Mom.







2 comments:

Penradicals said...

Nice posting on your Dad, Debbie. I was just talking to my mom about my Dad's funeral and I told her of the intensity of love and unity that I felt with my family during that time. I hope you felt the same with your family and it sounds like you did. Even through the grief we are blessed with glimpses of eternal love.
By the way, your mom looks great. She does look beautiful!

Camille said...

I'm sorry to hear about your Dad's passing, but happy like you to know that he is now pain free. Hopefully him and Natalia and others are having a good time waiting for the rest of us.

Love you guys!