Tuesday, June 29, 2010

This past weekend Stephanie, Ayla, David, Jennilynn, and I all drove down to Lynne's in Utah.  Lynne had a bridal shower for Ayla and it was so much fun.  Lynne did a great job and it was so nice getting to visit and enjoy each other.  I forgot to take pictures of the shower but . . . it's amazing how I didn't forget to get a couple of the boys!


Jennilynn and I also stopped and spent the night at Rick and Doris's on Thursday.  Before Lynne and Bryan moved down to Utah we always used to stay at Rick and Doris's.  I enjoy and Love Doris so much and I felt like when ever we see her lately it is always at a family event.  We just don't get to talk and visit on a one to one anymore.  She is always so accommodating and a good friend.  They have remodled their home and I loved everything they did.  It looks soooo nice.  I know it was a lot of work but it was worth it. 


We had Gabrielle with us and we were so glad that we stopped.  She was really getting tired of the car and it would have been a miserable 30 more minutes it would have taken us to get to Lynne's.  She was just starting to get cranky.  The two nights we were down there she didn't sleep real sound.  She would wake up and talk or complain and sometimes cry all night.  She wasn't all that happy in the daytime either.  Finally, during the shower she was just miserable and let us all know she was ready to go home.  We even thought she might have an ear infection because she has a cold.  She really started crying after the shower so we threw things together and into the car and left as soon as we could.  I told Jennilynn that I thought she was homesick.  I texted her yesterday and Gabrielle slept all night after she got home and has been fine.  We decided she missed her Dad and her sisters.  Babies are much more aware of their surroundings then we give them credit for and they definately know what they want!

No comments: