Thursday, July 15, 2010

David and Ayla -- July 10, 2010


Scott, Steph, and Lynne have all posted about the wedding.  Soooo I thought I'd add my thoughts.  Weddings always brings back the memories of my own wedding day.  President McComber married us.  He was a friend of Roger's parents.  The first thing he did was have everyone introduce ourselves.  It went fine until it was Craig Cartwright's turn.  For some reason he was very nervous.  He stood up and said, "My name is Craig Cartwright, I am the sister of the bride's brother."  He blushed and then said, "I mean, The bride is my brother-in-law."  He then tried one more time and still didn't get it right.  President McComber was laughing as hard as everyone and then tried to get some reverernce back into the sealing room.  The rest of it went pretty normal.  That was a little over 39 years ago and look at our family now.  Everyone is in the picture below except for Steve and Katherine's three little ones.  It went from the two of us to 25 and still growing.  I LOVE our family.  The wedding was beautiful and turned out sooo well because of the hard work and effort that everyone put into it.  Thank you all!!  I love you all!

No comments: